Browsing the architectural floor plans is an exciting process. Nowadays, there are many new floor plans available in the market & the sky’s the limit on features and styles. When we choose a design for our house, we don’t spend enough time to evaluate our needs. If you spend some time in the evaluation of your specifications, it will prevent you from having second thoughts. There are lots of factors you should consider before finalizing an architectural floor plan for your house. Here are the things to consider when choosing a new floor plan.
1. “How many floors do you need?” While selecting a design for your house, make your decision by considering the number of family members you have. Consider the number of floors and number of rooms you need in your house. If you are planning to grow the size of your family, make sure to design your floor plan accordingly. If there is any old person who can’t go upstairs or a handicapped person who cannot move conveniently, they will certainly require a room on the ground floor, so plan accordingly. Check if kids will share their room with their siblings or you have a requirement of a separate room for kids. Choose the number of rooms you need on your ground floor.
2. “How many washrooms do you need?” Consider the number of washrooms you require in your house. Think about the family members and your lifestyle and get an idea about the washroom sharing. Will you and your family members share washrooms or everyone requires their own washroom? When designing a washroom, check whether you need a simple washroom or you a bathtub and modern amenities in your washroom. Check if there is anyone who is handicapped or not. Design your washrooms after taking care of all family member requirements.
3. “Do you need a master bedroom?” Having a master bedroom in today’s era can give your house a stylish look. Some individuals like to have a closet space with large bathrooms. If you need a master bedroom think about your needs. Do you need it on the ground floor or on any other floor? If you need more privacy, you should never design it on the ground floor.
4. “Do you need a bonus room?” Having a laundry room and pantries are one of the most popular trends of today’s house plans. Almost each popular floor plan has a separate laundry room so that there are no dirty clothes hanging on the doors or in the cupboard. Most of the individuals who have multiple floors they want to have their laundry room on the second floor. So, check the requirement of any bonus room in your house.
5. “Check the layout of kitchen” While choosing a floor plan, check the size of kitchen you require in your house. Do you need a large kitchen or a small kitchen? Do you need your dining table in your kitchen or you need it separately? Do you want your kitchen having modern look or you just need a simple one? Consider the storage space of your kitchen cupboards while designing an architectural floor plan for your house.
There are an endless number of factors, you should consider while designing an architectural floor plan. If you want some help to choose your floor plans, Houseviz can help you.